About Las Madres
Las Madres Neighborhood Playgroups is a California Non-profit Public Benefit Corporation.
Las Madres was formed in 1953 by a group of women in a Palo Alto childbirth class. The main purpose of Las Madres is to provide a network of neighborhood playgroups for those with children born in the same year ages 0-5. Through Las Madres playgroups, members find friendship, support and helpful information as well as an opportunity for their children to make friends their own age. Although the Playgroups remain the heart of Las Madres, today we have evolved into much more.
Are you the parent of a child under 5 years of age?
Las Madres offers parents of children 5 and under many valuable benefits
- Forging friendships both long and short-term for both you and your children
- Avenues to participate in community service projects
- Discounts with local business
- Discounts to many family shows at the San Jose Ballet and the HP Pavilion
- Online Forums to share concerns, ask questions, and find items as a discounted rate
- Support Groups & Social Groups for many aspects of life
- Special Speaker Nights covering topics from potty training to college funds